Saturday, February 27, 2010

Farm News...

Over the last two weeks we have started seeding for the harvest garden.   With the greenhouse being unheated I have to wait a little longer until the overnight temperature is above freezing before I can start planting outside.  This year I have taken over one of the bedrooms to start our seeds. I have been seeding onions, celery, celery leaf, and celeriac. I have planted over 1500 onion seeds so far some of which have started to germinate but I still have a few more seeds to plant!!  
We have been working with May & Lily on a regular basis, getting them used to walking over the garden and also getting them used to the cows across the road.  May does not seem to mind the mooing but Lily is still a little unsure.  We have been without the forecart as it makes for a rather bumpy ride over the planting field at the moment and also with the ice on the hay fields it has been a little slippery. I have been line driving them which is good practise for us all, especially for me as I am not very good at staying in a straight line!
Tamworth pork will be available from the middle of March. The pork is sold in mixed 20lb bundles, There is also some Berkshire pork still available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment